The VMware NSX Manager virtual appliance can be installed on an ESXi host in a cluster configured with VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler. NSX Manager can be managed in a different VMware vCenter Server.
- The resource requirements are:
- 4 vCPUs
- 16 GB of memory (16 GB are reserved)
- 60 GB of disk space
Download the NSX for vSphere 6.3 OVA file from the VMware Web site.
To deploy the OVA file:
1. Connect to the VMware vSphere Web Client.
2. Select the vCenter Server on which to deploy the appliance.
3. Select Actions and select Deploy OVF template.
Choose Local File, click Browse and select the OVA file, then Next.
Select the Accept extra configuration options check box and click Next.
In the Accept EULAs dialog, click Accept and click Next.
1. Enter the name for the NSX Manager appliance.
2. Select a folder or data center on which to deploy the virtual machine and click Next.
3. Select the appropriate host and cluster for deployment.
Select the destination datastore for the appliance and click Next.
Select the port group for the appliance and click Next.
In the Customer template dialog box:
1. Enter the CLI administrator user and privilege passwords.
2. Enter the Network properties.
3. Enter the DNS settings.
4. Enter the Services Configuration.
5. Click Next.
Review the configuration.
Select the Power on after deployment check box and click Finish.