Preparation of Database
1. On the server system where you plan to install View Composer, select Start > Administrative Tools > ODBC Data Sources (64-bit). Select the System DSN tab and click Add.
2. Select SQL Server Native Client and click Finish.
3. Enter a name and description, then select the server from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, enter the server details, following the format <hostname>\<database name>, where <hostname> is the name of the host system and <database> is the SQL Server instance (for example, VCHOST1\VIM_SQLEXP). Click Next.
4. Select With SQL Server authentication, then check the box for Connect to SQL Server to obtain default settings for the additional configuration options. Enter the login ID and password provided by your database administrator. Click Next.
5. Select Change the default database to, and select the name of the database that was created on the database server. Click Next.
6. Accept the defaults on this screen. Click Finish.
7. Test the data source. Click OK.
8. Verify that the test connection completed successfully. Click OK.
Installation of View View Composer
1. Launch the installer as administrator. If Microsoft .NET 4.6 feature is not enabled on the system, you will be prompted to install it before running the installer.
2. Read and accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
3. Accept the default destination folder location by clicking Next.
4. Type the ODBC data source name and database connection credentials for the previously created View Composer database. Click Next.
5. Specify the SOAP port connection (the default is 18443) and the SSL Certificate (if SSL Certificates are found). Click Next.
6. On the Ready to Install the Program screen, review your choices and click Install to proceed with the installation.
7. Click Yes when asked to restart the computer.