In this post we will see how to upgrade VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 6.5. It is supported the upgrading from SRM 6.1.x to vSphere Replication 6.5 only.
Before you begin make sure you complete the prerequisites
- VMware vCenter and vSphere Replication is upgraded to 6.5
- Download SRM 6.5 installation files which is downloaded in VMware website.
- Backup both SRM databases
1. Login to Production site SRM server and run the SRM 6.5 installer, Click Next.
2. Click Next.
3. Click Next.
4. Click Next.
5. Enter PSC address and SSO credentials and click Next.
6. Accept the certificate warnings.
7. Click Next.
8. Enter email address and Local Host address (Auto populated IP address of host) and click Next.
9. It detects existing SRM extension and prompts to overwrite, Click Yes.
10. Choose “Use existing certificate” and click Next.
11. SRM will auto detect the DSN and prompt for User and password for SRM database. Enter appropriate details and click Next.
12. Select the Local System Account for service to run under. Click Next.
13. Click on Install.
14. Click Finish.
15. Repeat steps 1 to 16 to upgrade secondary site’s SRM.
16. Login to vSphere Web client with SSO admin. Select the vCenter name in Objects view and click on Actions->Reconfigure Pairing.
17. Enter Remote site PSC address and Click Next.
18. Select Center Extension and enter SSO credentials for remote vCenter, click OK. Accept the certificate warnings, Click Yes.
19. After pairing successful you can see both your sites now.
20. Login into Secondary vCenter by SSO admin, repeat steps 17 to 18.
21. Finally we will execute one of the recovery plan in TEST mode.
NOTE: The vSphere has been upgraded to 6.5 in protected and recovery sites.
22. The test can be completed successfully.
Both site recovery manager has been successfully upgraded to 6.5.
NOTE: You need to upgrade VMware Tools for the replicated VMs.