The VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager 6.5 allows VMware administrators to monitor the local Site Recovery Manager Windows services in VMware vRealzie Operations Manager. The vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager provides capabilities for monitoring the connectivity between Site Recovery Manager instances, the availability of a remote Site Recovery Manager instance and the status of Protection Groups and Recovery Plans in Site Recovery Manager. Alarms are generated when there are Site Recovery Manager Server connectivity issues encountered or Protection Groups and Recovery Plans are in error state. The user interface provides statistics for the number of SRM-related objects and how many of them have errors.
The VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager 6.5 software is distributed as PAK file. You install and configure the management pack by using the vRealize Operations Manager interface.
You can download the vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager 6.5 from the download page.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager.
- Select Administration > Solutions in the left pane.
- Click the Add icon to start the wizard.
- Navigate to the
VMware-srm-vrops-mp-6.5.0-<build number>.pakfile and click Upload. When the pak file is uploaded click Next.
- Read and agree to the end-user license agreement. Click Next to install the management pack.
- Review the installation progress, and click Finish when the installation completes.
After the installation you must configure the VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager 6.5 so that vRealize Operation Manager can collect data from the target system.
- Select Administration > Solustions in the left pane.
- On the Solutions tab, select Srm Adapter, and click Configure on the toolbar.
- Enter the required information in the Manage Solutions wizard and click Save Settings.
Note: To monitor more than one Site Recovery Manager instance at the same time, you must deploy a separate vRealize Operations Manager appliance and Srm Adapter for each Site Recovery Manager instance
Finally go to Dashboards of SRM Configuration Summary, you can view all objects of related SRM Server.