In this post we will walk through the creation of a custom dashboard on vRealize Operation Manager 7.
Click Dashboards. Navigate to Create Dashboard.
We can quickly create new dashboards in vROps by simply dragging and dropping widgets onto the design canvas. There are 44 widgets and 6 views available out-of-the-box with vRealize Operations 7.0. In this demo, we will drag the Object List, Scoreboard and Metric Chart into this new dashboard.
Edit the Object List on pencil button, select which object want to monitor and save the settings.
Then go to “Show Interactions” tab, setup the relationship between each object. In this demo, I make the following settings.
1. Drag the blue object line from Select Cluster source to Select Host target.
2. Drag the blue object line from Select Host source to Scoreboard target.
3. Drag the orange metric line from Scoreboard to Metric Chart.
4. Click Save.
Now we can view the information on this dashboard based on the following options:
1. Select a cluster.
– Verify the Select Host list updates.
– Verify the Scoreboard updates for the cluster.
2. Select a host.
– Verify the Scoreboard updates for the host.
3. Select a metric from the Scoreboard.
– Verify the Metric Chart updates with the selected metric.