Part 2 – Create vRPA Cluster
Ensure that all vRPAs to be included in this cluster have already been created using
the OVA or by cloning an existing vRPA.
1. Open the web browser, enter https://ip-address, where ip-address is the IP address of a vRPA in the cluster you are installing.
2. Select the Install a vRPA cluster wizard. In the Configuration Procedures step, provide the configuration file. After completing the Configuration Procedures, select I have completed the Configuration Procedures. The configuration file is an XML file containing up-to-date configuration information relevant to your specific installation environment and is supplied by EMC Customer Support.
3. In the Prerequisites, provide the vCenter information and click Retrieve SSL
certificate to verify the vCenter’s SSL certificate. The SSL Certificate window appears.
5. In the Connectivity Settings, define the vRPA cluster IP configurations and vRPA
IP addresses. IPv6 addresses are not supported on iSCSI interfaces. In the Advanced
section, if can choose to define custom MTU values for the vRPA cluster. To add
additional gateways, click Add Route.
6. In the Environment Settings, define the RecoverPoint for VMs cluster settings,
including the name of the RecoverPoint for VMs cluster you are installing, the time
zone of the cluster, the IP addresses of DNS servers and NTP servers, and the vRPA
communication security level. To include more than one DNS server IP address,
separate additional IP addresses with a semicolon.
7. in the vRPA Repository Configuration section, select
a datastore on which to place the vRPA repository. The datastore for the virtual
repository must be mapped to every ESXi capable of running vRPAs. A minimum of 6
GB of storage is required for the repository.
8. In the Deployment Progress, the progress bar displays the deployment progress.
Upon reaching 100%, click Finish to return to the Home Page.
9. After installing all vRPA clusters using the Install a vRPA cluster wizard, select the Connect vRPA clusters wizard. In the Prerequisites step, read the prerequisites. Once you have ensured that the conditions are met, select I have fulfilled the conditions for preparing the new cluster.
10. In the Environment Settings, in the Cluster to Connect Settings section, enter the
WAN IP and login credentials of the new vRPA cluster.
11. In the Add Cluster Progress, the cluster to connect is connected to the current
cluster and the progress is displayed on the screen. When you are done connecting all vRPA clusters, the progress is displayed on the screen. vRPA cluster is connected to VMware vCenter.