On a supported system, launch the VMware Horizon 7 Connection Server installer as administrator. The system must be a member of a domain, but cannot be a domain controller. The following four steps are common to all connection broker installation types. On the Welcome screen, click Next.
2. Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
3. On the Destination Folder screen, accept the default or modify the destination folder location and click Next.
4. On the Installation Options screen, select Horizon 7 Standard Server, select IPv4, and click Next.
5. On the Data Recovery screen, enter a password that will be used to protect data backups of the VMware Horizon 7 Connection Server and click Next.
6. On the Firewall Configuration screen, allow the firewall to be configured automatically and click Next.
7. On the Initial Horizon 7 Administrators screen, specify a user or group of users to be VMware Horizon 7 administrators and click Next.
8. On the User Experience Improvement Program screen, select the appropriate fields, depending on your business, and click Next.
9. On the Ready to Install the Program screen, review your choices. Click Install to proceed with the installation.
10. Click Finish after the installation completes.
11. Connect to the VMware Horizon 7 Administrator. The URL is https://<horizon_connection_server>/admin, where <horizon_connection_server> is the hostname or IP address of the Horizon Connection Server system. If you receive a certificate warning when connecting, allow the exception to continue.
12. The Licensing and Usage page is displayed. If it is not displayed, expand View Configuration in the left navigation pane, and click Product Licensing and Usage. In the right navigation pane, click Edit License. In the Edit License pop-up window, enter a valid License serial number and click OK.
13. In the left navigation pane, under View Configuration, click Servers. In the right navigation pane under vCenter Servers, click Add.
14. In the resulting Add vCenter Server window, enter vCenter Server Settings as described in the following table.
15. If self-signed certificates are being used, you will see the following screen. Click View Certificate and accept the certificate.
Select the appropriate option for View Composer Settings.
Select Do not use View Composer, View Composer co-installed with vCenter Server, or Standalone View Composer Server.
If View Composer co-installed with vCenter Server is selected, enter the port number. The default port is shown. Change it if your installation requires a custom port number.
If Standalone View Composer Server is selected, enter the information in the following table.
16. On the View Composer Domains page, the Add Domain window will open automatically. Click Add if necessary and enter the full domain DNS name and Active Directory credentials with permissions to add or remove machine accounts as appropriate. Click OK and click Next.
17. In the Storage window, change the settings as specified in the Configuration Workbook and click Next.
18. Verify the settings and click Finish.