For the migration of block resources from the EMC VNX1 and VNX2 platforms, the following solutions are available:
• SAN Copy (Push)
• EMC RecoverPoint
• EMC PowerPath Migration Enabler
• EMC VPLEX
• Host-Based LVM Migration
For file migration solutions from the EMC VNX1 and VNX2 platforms, the following solutions are:
• EMC Select Datadobi Dobiminer
In virtualized environments leveraging VMware ESXi and vCenter Server, the following solutions are available:
• EMC RecoverPoint for VMs
• VMware Storage vMotion
The following is the high level procedures of SANCopy migration from VNX1/VNX2 storage to EMC Unity:
1) Make sure that SANCopy & SnapView features is enabled on VNX1/VNX2 storage.
2) Create the SANCopy connection between source storage and target Unity storage (eg, FC or iSCSI Channel).
3) Create target LUN on EMC Unity.
4) Create SANCopy “Incremental” session to clone the source LUN to target LUN by Wizard on EMC Unity.
5) After that the SANCopy session is successfully created and then you can start to the SANCopy session.
6) After the SANCopy session is completed, you can remove the host connectivity of source LUN on VNX storage.
7) Finally you can setup the host connectivity of target LUN on Unity.
This video is one demonstration for creating a SAN Copy Session on EMC VNX5500