Installing and Configuring Avamar software
1. Log in to the Avamar Installation Manager user as root.
2. Open a web browser and type the following URL: https://Avamar-Server:7543/avi/avigui.html
where Avamar-Server is the hostname or the IP address of the Avamar virtual machine.
3. Click the SW Updates tab and click the Unlock icon in the upper right corner of the dialog page. The Passcode dialog box appears.
4. Type in the support password Supp0rtHarV1 and click OK.
The EMC Avamar Installation Manager dialog box appears. This screen can take a few minutes to populate.
5. After a few minutes, click the Refresh icon on your web browser to see the installation package.
6.Click the Install button.
7.Once the initialization completes, the Installation Setup page appears.
8.Click the ConnectEMC tab and specify the following:
a. For Email sender address type sender email address for email notification
b. For Email server type Hostname of email server for notification emails to EMC
c. For Site name type Description of Avamar server location
d. For Email Server IP Protocol select IP Protocol used by the email server
e. Click Save
9.Click the Install Patches tab. Install available patches, and then click Save.
10.Click the Passwords tab, and then specify and confirm passwords. Make sure you
note these for the customer. Click Save.
11.Click the Customer Contact Info tab, and then specify the customer contact
information and click Save.
12.(Optional) To set Security Settings, click the Security Settings tab and then configure applicable security settings. Click Save.
13.Click the Server Settings tab. Leave the Avamar Server Address field blank. Select the applicable System time zone name and click Save.
14.Click Continue. The Avamar configuration begins. Wait until the process completes.