It hit some errors in my ESXi environment one month ago, there are 2 x ESXi 5.1 host (HP DL380 Gen8) in one Cluster Group. I discovered that the ESXi host cannot enable service, cannot login in ESX shell and cannot connect to all virtual machine by VM console. I cannot find any root cause and resolution in VMware KB. Finally I reboot both ESX hosts then resume the service. After one month, VMware released one KB which is related to this issue on Nov, the issue related to HP AMS version. It issue is very serious error, I am highly recommended to upgrade HP AMS if the ESX host is running on HP Servers.
- hp-ams 500.9.6.0-12.434156
- hp-ams 500.10.0.0-18.434156
For ESXi 5.0 and 5.1, see HP Agentless Management Service Offline Bundle for VMware ESXi 5.0 and vSphere 5.1.
For ESXi 5.5, see HP Agentless Management Service Offline Bundle for VMware vSphere 5.5.
- Log in to the host using SSH. For more information, see Using ESXi Shell in ESXi 5.x (2004746).
- Run this command to stop the HP service (does not persist on reboot):/etc/init.d/hp-ams.sh stop
- Run this command to remove the VIB:esxcli software vib remove -n hp-ams
- Reboot the host.