The VMware Workstation team is providing public access to the VMware Workstation Technology Preview to gather feedback from users on a wide range of hardware and software configurations. The VMware Workstation Technology Preview includes changes to the core virtualization engine and new capabilities we are exploring. We would appreciate feedback in the following areas:
- New OS support including the latest versions of Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL and OpenSUSE
- VMware Hardware Version 11 including improved CPU support and upgraded USB 3.0 controller
- Graphics memory configuration per virtual machine
- Windows 8 Unity mode improvements
- Create and boot virtual machine with EFI
More details including installation instructions can be found on the What’s New page.