This training course focuses on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware Virtual SAN 5.5. This course looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. The course is based on VMware ESXi 5.5 and VMware vCenter Server 5.5.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define the key components of a software-defined data center
- Identify benefits of software-defined storage solutions
- Compare and contrast disk types and storage technologies
- Explain file, block, and object-oriented storage
- Identify Virtual SAN requirements, use cases, and architecture components.
- Plan and design a Virtual SAN deployment
- Configure Virtual SAN clusters
- Identify benefits of storage policy-based management
- Scale a Virtual SAN deployment based on storage needs
- Monitor Virtual SAN
- Troubleshoot Virtual SAN
- Identify the integration of Virtual SAN with the VMware product portfolio
Register for the first beta delivery here: VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage